Monday, December 14, 2009

Mt. Major 12/13/09


Difficulty: Moderate (steep and rough especially on ledges)


Directions: From Alton, NH take Rt. 11 West and follow it for about 6 miles. Trail head parking lot is on the left (blue sign)
Report: Mom and I were on our own today. We started at 10:15am under mostly sunny sky's. Temps were in the low 30's. Trail was packed nicely with just a few icy spots where the snow had been shaved off. The sun glistened off of the ice sheet over the snow which was a nice treat. Passed two groups on there way down and saw 2 guys at the summit. Hardly any wind at the summit, a far cry to what Scott & I experienced on Blue Job the day before. Views were at their best with Franconia Range visible as well as Washington & Monroe. Clouds were quickly setting in over us when as we left the summit. Beautiful morning for a hike! Landed my largest panorama yet and it came out perfect! Finished at 12:00 (1hr. 45min. round trip). Pics here> http://www.flickr.com/photos/excape1/sets/72157622870876961/
After close scrutiny I came to the conclusion that it is not the Franconia Range visible but Hancock & Carrigain...I was trying with my map to get my coordinates aligned and figure out the peaks with an enlarged photo. Click this link to see what I determined, would like insight as to if any of you think it is acurate or if you think the peaks are something else> http://www.flickr.com/photos/excape1/4183290855/sizes/o/

No comments:

Post a Comment