Monday, December 7, 2009

Mt. Major 12/6/09


Difficulty: Moderate (steep and rough especially on ledges)


Directions: From Alton, NH take Rt. 11 West and follow it for about 6 miles. Trail head parking lot is on the left (blue sign)
Report: With a fresh 5 inches of snow on the ground and beautifully graceing the trees I was off Sunday morning to meet my parents at Mt. Major in Alton. We started at 9:30am, the first there to break-in the trail! Footing was fine most the way up. It got a little tuff on the ledges with 3 ft. snow drifts in the crevice's. Took tons of pics and a few video's. We took the Brook Trail down and arrived back at the parking lot at 11:15am. Beautiful winter day and a perfect mountain for a comfortable (get-me-the-hell-out-of-the-house-for-just-a-couple-hours) hike! Pics of this hike here!> http://www.flickr.com/photos/excape1/sets/72157622947862546/

1 comment:

  1. Oh boy I was taking a walk down memory lane at 9:30 PM watching the video and looking at pics! How much I know in my heart some day I will return to my real home in Alton, NH. I know I will! Shhh dont tell any one.

    ReplyDelete