Monday, May 16, 2011

Stonehouse Pond 5/13/11

"1, 2, 3" (pictures)

Directions: From the Epsom, NH traffic circle take Rt. 202 East/Franklin Pierce Highway 11.3 miles into Northwood. Turn left onto Rt. 9 East/Franklin Pierce Highway and follow 3 miles. At a white house on a sharp corner turn right onto Stonehouse Pond Road (dirt/gate) and follow it .3 miles to a small parking area.

Difficulty: Easy/Moderate

Report: Nothing about this day was frightening or otherwise gory. Yes, it was Friday the 13nth and yes my name is Jason .... and I don't own a chain saw! Scott and I did a walk around Stonehouse Pond on Monday 5/9. There were a bunch of fly fishers there and a large group of rock climbers. I unfortunately didn't have my camera with me. Today my mother was up from Georgia for a months visit and I had been wanting to bring her to this lovely spot. So we made the loop around the pond. The wind was blowing a cool breeze keeping the black flies away. Three set's of fly fishers were seen, one pair bringing there boat ashore, the other out in the pond and another who showed up on the waters as we descended the ledge. Always a great little hike :)

No comments:

Post a Comment