Monday, December 6, 2010

Gonic Trails 12/4/10

"Dusk on the Isinglass" (pictures)

My brother had come over to my house to order me my new winter hiking boots. Scott was sick today so there wasn't gonna be a chance to hike today or probably even Sunday. Jeremy had his son with him and so I thought we could get out on another small hike. We went and ate at Clemento's in Rochester then headed for the Gonic trails. We began on the red/blue trail then broke off onto Watson Ways South Branch. After some fun hanging off an overhanging tree, climbing on a fallen over trees root system and running up and down the trail with Jonathan we eventually made it to the Isinglass river. Here a wet unleashed dog was annoying us until the owner finally showed up and called it. We followed the yellow River Walk past the water fall, the old mill site and up past the old granite bridge foundations. Then it was up Luannes Way back. The sun was setting below the tree line making a pretty end of the day. JJ had a lot of fun as always! Hope to get him up Mt. Major possibly Tuesday if it's nice out. Or maybe Stonehouse pond. It's always great to be out hiking with my bro and nephew!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jason,

    By any chance, do you have a map for these trails? I've been thinking of hitting them up ever since I saw your last post. I've done a few google searches, but other than your report and another family's blog, I can't find any other info...I love seeing a map before I head out. Let me know if you know where I can download one? Or if you possibly took a close-up of one on a kiosk???

    Thanks,
    Karl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure! The trails here are confusing without a map. http://www.flickr.com/photos/excape1/5171248420/in/set-72157625372264406/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jason,

    This is awesome. Thanks a lot. Looks like a nice snowshoeing loop!

    Thanks,
    Karl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Nice area. You find the coolest places. JJ looks so happy! Glad you and Jeremy do this on a regular basis. Your collecting your Vitamin D for the week too. lol

    ReplyDelete