Monday, May 16, 2011

A drive around the White Mountains!

(pictures)

A weekend of rain in the forecast Scott and I thought we would just take a casual drive up to the Pinkham Notch Visitor Center and get our WMNF Parking stickers for the year and browse the books and what not. This done we drove around and up Crawford Notch where we stopped at Silver Cascade then over and down Franconia Notch.






We stopped at the Old Man viewing park as I wanted to see if the new Profilers were open to the public during construction. I was excited to see that they were and got to see the "new" Old Man of the Mountain! It was an exciting thing to see and I am glad this park is getting a MUCH needed face lift...get it! Thanks to all those making this place into what's going to be a wonderful place to remember our states great stone profile! Check out this video of the park plans! Video

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jason,
    I can't find an email address for you, so I'm leaving a note here. Drop me an email at Kimball at TrailsNH dooot cooom. I'd like to chat about your trip reports.

    Thanks
    -Kimball

    ReplyDelete